“Nature is the Physician of Man”. Hippocrates
I am a Naturopath … This means …
- I believe in the Healing Power of Nature. “Vital Force” or “Life Force”, given the right conditions, will self-heal or self-correct. It is my aim to help you find those ‘right conditions’.
- I believe prevention is better than cure.
- In all cases, I try to establish The root (underlying) cause of dysfunction. Even though your symptoms may improve, my bigger goal is to get to the root of the problem.
- The Whole Person is treated – This means you and I identify what is going on in other areas of your life that may be contributing to the physical symptoms.
- I believe that feeling healthy is much more than not feeling ill. I am constantly taking steps towards more vitality.
- Your treatment is for YOU, not your condition
- I understand that YOU are YOU, different from everybody else.
- My belief is that all illness comes from being ‘out of balance’ and I am here to help you find ‘Balance’ once again.
- I will help you understand what is going on inside your body and we can work together to restore balance.
- I believe that addressing deficiencies and excess is key to finding this balance.
- I believe that your symptoms are messengers, carrying valuable information about what might be out of balance. I don’t believe we should suppress these messengers, instead, we should listen carefully to their wisdom.
- I will help you to encourage your body to promote its innate healing ability.
- I will teach you what I know about Natural approaches to healing and I will encourage you to take responsibility for your health. I will stand by your side as you do so.
Naturopathy comprises all of the above principles and is the foundation on which my treatments are based.
In addition to Herbal Remedies, Aromatherapy and Reflexology, I will also use the following tools if needed :
- Chinese Pulse and Tongue Diagnosis
- Ayurvedic Constitutional Analysis
- Bach Flower Remedies
- Tissue Salts
- Detoxification protocols
- Nutritional Advice / Supplementation